Textile background



While I was in the kitchen this morning, I heard that back in old Times it was well seen among decent people to found enterprises or public institutions, e.g. nurseries, schools etc. The man in the podcast – relating his long and interesting life – as he could not build anything else, decided to donate his large and carefully collected library to students. 

At the moment I am not planning to kick the bucket. But I have found that if I am going to donate something to others it is not a library. Ideed, we have loads of books at home, as we need them for work and school, and their number is still growing. However, I generalny do not collect scientific publications and if I do, I try to pass them on to other people.

At my home, in my family and in my life the amount of yarn and textile is still growing. 


 
 (this Jamieson's stash is waiting for a new project)




These include knitted garments and accessories, carefully designed, sketched and calculated for different people and in different versions. 

 
  (in my pencil box I have always a few stitch markers, a crochet hook and buttons,   happily there's nobody to notice)


     Then worn and refashioned, sometimes also mended. Here I would like to share some of them with you. 


                                                       To be continued ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are what you wear

Flower yoke

Fruity you and me KAL